- Measurement and Mathematical Background.
- Kinematics and Dynamics.
- Work, Energy, and Momentum.
- Rotational Dynamics.
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids.
- Wave Motion and Sound.
- Electric Fields and Potential.
- Electromagnetic Induction and AC Circuits.
- Geometrical Optics.
- Wave Nature of Light.
- Special and General Relativity.
- Quantum Mechanics.
- Elementary Particle Physics.
The AP Introductory Physics course covers much of what is
generally covered in a first year physics course. The course does
not require a calculus background. The mathematical prerequisite
is completion of M011 or equivalent, some math is introduced.
This is a full year course divided into three parts, (A, B, C shown above). This sequence prepares students for the AP Physics B exam.
If you are looking to prepare for the AP Physic C exams, please refer to our P051 Mechanics and P053 Electricity & Magnetism courses.